When it comes to Disney villains, humor is the key to making them memorable. Thus is the case with Prince John from Robin Hood. Anyone would be so lucky to have an alliterative insult to throw into any and every conversation. This power-hungry prince makes his disparaging remarks looks effortless, all while making us laugh. I bet if he weren't so busy being a jerk, it would be really fun to hang out with this clever lion.
Since we're pretty much obsessed with this classic, we've listed our favorite insults by Prince John below. And by "favorite", we mean ALL OF THEM.
1. When Sir Hiss tries to help him with his thumb-sucking problem
2. When he couldn't wrap his head around women possibly being bandits
3. When Sir Hiss tires to warn him about bandits AGAIN
4. When referencing Robin Hood
5. When Sir Hiss defends his seat next to the "king"
6. When Maid Marian makes it clear she is rooting for Robin Hood in disguise
7. When Maid Marian begs for Robin's life
8. When Little John literally holds a knife to his back
9. When Lady Cluck hit him over the head with the Golden Arrow
10. When he finds out the village is making fun of him
11. When he lays out a new plan for the capture of Robin
12. When Sir Hiss questions another trap
13. When Sir Hiss, yet again, questions using Friar Tuck as bait
14. When he can't resist making fun of Friar Tuck AGAIN
15. When he realizes Robin got away once more, and he blames Sir Hiss again...
16. And again...
17. And again...
18. And AGAIN!
Prince John may have lost in life, but in the category of wit and insults, he takes the crown!
Keep your head up, Johnny. we're sure momma still loves you.