Last month, P.W. and I went to the D23 expo in Anaheim. As much as I loved it, quite honestly, it is one of those events that I only have to do once. I spent all three days trying to catch as many panels as I could, and spending any downtime in between to check out the fantastic artists and exhibits. I loved it all! Still, I don't really need to do it again.
I know it sounds a bit strange for someone to truly enjoy attending an event like this, but have no desire to go to the next one. Here are my reasons:
1. Most of the art for sale can be found online.
2. All the big reveals for future projects are announced online almost instantly.
3. By day three, we ran out of new things to see.
Now my reasons for YOU to go at least once in your lifetime:
1. For animation/movie lovers, the sneak peeks for upcoming projects are exciting. I saw a clip for Disney's "Frozen" (I cannot wait!) and concept art for Disney Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur" that are not available to the public. Makes you feel a little special.
2. The panels are inspiring. My favorite ones were with producers from Disney Pixar. They told their stories about how they became a part of Pixar, which was open to anyone! All their backgrounds are different, and that gives everyone something to shoot for.
3. Becoming the Disney character you have always wanted to be. Even though P.W. and I did not dress up (well, I had Disney-themed outfits, but that's another blog), this convention gives you the opportunity to really Disney-geek it up. So many people had fantastic costumes, and were constantly being stopped by others to take a picture. You could be a celebrity for a day - haha!
I could post more photos, but the D23 site covered the event much better than I ever could. Click here to check out all that the expo had to offer this year!
Did you go to the event last month? What were your thoughts?