Need plans for the summer but can't go to the Disneyland resort? Most of us have passes that are pretty much blocked out for the summer (unless we're Scrooge McDuck and splurged on a Deluxe or Premium Pass). So what is a Disney fan to do?
Throwback Thursday at the El Capitan // The Aristocats (June 11. 2015 only)
The El Capitan Theater in Hollywood is sure to screen a Disney movie, and when we're lucky, they show a classic. This June, they'll be screening The Aristocats! Get your tickets now though; it's only for one night.
Become your favorite Disney Archer with a free archery class!
Robin Hood, Merida, Mulan, Gaston: Become your favorite Disney Archer with a free archery class at Roving Archers in Pasadena! It is an ongoing program for all ages. You must be there by 7:15am to get fitted for equipment. Class is from 8:30am-10am.
Inside Out at the Arclight Sherman Oaks
You could watch the new Disney Pixar movie at any movie theater that has it, but we highly suggest the Arclight in Sherman Oaks. Just the fact that we don't have to rush to our seats (because they are already reserved for us) makes the cost of the ticket worth it. Oh, and the concessions? THE BEST!
Inside Out opens June 19th.
Downtown Disney Scavenger Hunt
So our passes block us out during July, SO WHAT?! We can still have a very Disney fun-filled afternoon at Downtown Disney. For the very first time, we will be hosting a scavenger hunt at the location, specifically for kids! Adults, you can totally play too. ;)
Date: July 17, 2015
Buy In: $0
Prize: Winning team gets an ice cream cone at Ben & Jerry's on us!
Visit Walt's Barn and Have a Picnic
Walt's Barn is open the third Sunday of each month from 11:00am-3:00pm weather permitting. Take your picnic supplies! Admission and parking are free. The Barn is located at: 5202 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027.
Beach Party! Lilo & Stitch Theme
So you're going to the beach, why not Disney it up? Check out these party ideas:
1. Play the Lilo & Stitch soundtrack and/or Elvis on your phone
2. Wear these DIY leis
3. Eat peanut butter sandwiches for lunch because tuna fish would be an abomination
4. Give the kids bubbles from the dollar store (Cobra Bubbles - get it?)
5. Boogie board and/or surf the waves
Beach Party! The Little Mermaid
Another Disney-themed idea is going with our classic princess Ariel. These ideas can help make you a part of her world:
1. Play The Little Mermaid soundtrack on our phone
2. Make a mermaid sand sculpture on everyone (even dad, but then he's a merMAN)
3. Go hunting for seashells
4. Mermaid towels, people. MERMAID TOWELS.
5. Strut your stuff in a burlap dress*. That is, if you're legit.
Beach Party! Finding Nemo
Alright, last one for now. Finding Nemo is a fun one too and I couldn't leave it out!
1. The Finding Nemo soundtrack isn't much, so I'd go for all the Pixar classics.
2. Eat goldfish crackers and blue Jello ALL DAY.
3. Have a Jellyfish race! Instead of jumping on actual jellyfish (you jerk), set up hula hoops on the sand. Each competitor need to jump into each hoop, and whoever gets to the end first wins.
4. Bubbles! Because why not? They rock.
5. Count the seagulls (in other words, a great game to keep the kids from bugging you while you try to read).
What other Disney-themed ideas do you have for the summer?