Protect your collection of mouse ears from dust with these DIY dust bags!
For those unfamiliar, dust bags are usually sold with high end handbags. Dust bags are usually made of soft fabric to help protect handbags from dust and other elements when stored in closets. While I would love to display my ears, dust in our home works fast and it's a hassle to keep them clean. The solution? Handmade dustbags!
The dimensions are pretty simple so this craft is great for beginner sewists.
Fabric of choice
Instructions (see video below for process):
1. Measure your ears. Give yourself about a 2-inch margin on every side
2. Cut your fabric. For these ears, we cut two pieces, 30" x 14" each.
3. Right sides together, sew the edges together, leaving a 4-inch opening at the end.
4. At the opening, turn the fabric inside out.
5. Sew the opening closed.
6. Using your ears to measure, fold over the fabric to see how large you would like your pouch to be. The excess will be the flap that fold over.
7. Sew the sides of your pouch.
8. Turn the pouch inside out.
That's it! You're done! Ready to pack your mouse ears for storage!