April 18th is Piñata Day! We are joining the fun with a Disney-inspired piñata. This is an easy craft that we made in a couple of hours on our coffee table. We made ours more for decor rather than to actually be broken. It's too cute to break!
- white cardstock
- masking tape
- white tissue paper
- gold scrapbook paper
- crafters glue
1. From your cardstock, draw two circles and a 5-inch wide strip. We used a plate to trace for our circles.
2. Cut out the circles and strip.
3. Attach the strip to the outside edge of your circles. This will create the base of your piñata.
4. Using your white tissue paper, fringe one side of each strip.
5. Beginning at the sides of your circle, glue strips of fringe, layering a strip over the lat. Repeat this on the front and back of the piñata.
6. From your gold scrapbook paper, cut these shapes to fit the size of your piñata.
7. Glue the shapes to the circle in the positioning pictured above.
Be sure to tag your projects with #DisneyDIT so we can stop by to see your style!